Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How many catalytic converters does a 2000 pontiac firebird v6 3.8L have?

My check engine light is on and I scanned the car and got code: P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank 1). I need to know how many converters I have because I know some cars have 2 of them. The weird thing is I'm not having any problems with my car. I changed the catalytic converter about 4-5 years ago and I'm not having any of the same problems that I had when it went before. One guy suggested it might be just a oxygen sensor, but another mechanic said that the oxygen sensor had nothing to do with that scan code. I'm trying to figure this out myself so I can save some money so if you can give me any help I would appreciate it. Thank You!How many catalytic converters does a 2000 pontiac firebird v6 3.8L have?You have one converter and 2 oxygen sensors. One infrot of the converter and one behind it. Heres what could be wrong. one of your oxygen sensors is not working your coolant temperature sensor is not working leaking exhaust manifold / catalytic converter / exhaust pipe. you might think you have 2 converters but you dont the thing behind the converter is called a resonator.How many catalytic converters does a 2000 pontiac firebird v6 3.8L have?An auto parts store such as Advance Auto Parts should be able to tell you and sell you one if it has only one. If it has two then it is trial and error. Or maybe you should take it to a shop that has the temp probes for testing such things and give them $5 or so to check and tell you.How many catalytic converters does a 2000 pontiac firebird v6 3.8L have?you changed your cat 4-5 years ago but you dont know how many it has? weird. i always thought chevy and ford put 4 cats on their v6 and 6 on their v8? could be wrong, maybe fords motor has to have em to pass emissions? damn ole cats man doesnt need em!How many catalytic converters does a 2000 pontiac firebird v6 3.8L have?only one cat the v6 firebirds; cat is located after the y pipe.
  • red hair
  • How often do you wash your bed sheets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment