Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Changing a Catalytic Converter on an Audi A3 1.8T 1999?

My car has failed the MOT on emissions the CO is too high. I've been told that the CatCon needs changing I've been quoted over 450.

Looking on GSFcarparts.com they have one for just over 110.



How hard are they to change?



Does anybody have a set of instructions/illustrations for changing a Catalytic Converter on an Audi A3 1.8T 1999?

Does it require any welding or is it just bolts? What consumable items/tools will I need?



Thankyou for your help.Changing a Catalytic Converter on an Audi A3 1.8T 1999?How many miles on it??? I seriously question whether or not you need a new cat. I would try everything else, first. Locate and clean your throttle body and idle air control valve. Use Gum-out spray down the throttle body with engine running to %26quot;flush%26quot; out debris in your converter and exhaust system. Check your PCV hose for leaks or collapsed hose(s). Change your spark plugs. I hope you are using only oil that meets VW spec 402, like ELF or Mobil One. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment