Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?

1996 Dodge Stratus



I have a Dodge Stratus 1996 model that was working perfectly before and then suddenly one day driving on the highway, when we would give gas the car wouldn't accelerate so I pulled over to the side of the road and turn it off and then I started it back on and because this seemed to be a continuing problem I went to the dealer. He told me to do the tune up for the car and so I did. After that the mechanic went for a test drive and he said that he experienced the same problems I had. He told me that the Cam Shaft sensor and Crank Shaft sensor need to replaced and so I got them replaced. After this, more problems started to show up. SO then he told me I need the Catalytic converter changed as well and I also got that done. Now the car is still have the same issue but it's even more problematic then before. It starts and then after about 1000 to 2000 ft it stops and turns off. So this is a repeating problem right now and I don't know how to solve this problem. Can you please provide me with an answer to this issue because I have spent a well amount of money on the things the mechanic told me to get fixed and the issue has only gotten worst.1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?That is the problem with older cars, by the time people take them in for repair, there are multiple problems and one thing can lead to another. I still think either the Cam or Crank sensor is the problem, or perhaps the circuit going to these components is being compromised. I have no idea why a catalytic converter would be suggested as a cause of the problem you describe. The shop you had the car serviced at has an obligation to get the car running properly at this point, for no additional charge to you. You have spent enough money and they should fix the problem at their expense from this point on.

ASE Technician for 25 years.1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?if the car feels like it bogging down you could have a Fuel pressure problem meaning the Fuel filter is stoped up or the Fuel pump in goin bad of a fuel pressure sensor is bad you just have guess at which one. if i was there i could tell cause you can fell the difference1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?are there any service engine codes? Have the throttle position sensor tested for proper operation. If it faults it will not always send a code. If you know someone with a scan tool, have them plug it in and test drive the car. If the TPS is faulty, the scan tool will loose signal from it. Clean the plug for it also, they tend to get gunked up.1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?The dealer needs to give our money back for the things that did not fix the problem. I would be really mad. Go here

http://www.justanswer.com/car/dodge?r=pp1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?Most problems start with a clogged up IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE and throttle body. These things, left dirty, will foul out O2 sensors and converters, too. A bad crank sensor would cause engine to just die out. Sometimes they go bad with engine heat. When cold, everything works OK. Was your engine SCANNED for trouble codes??? This is only an indicator, not always the solution. Good luck!!1996 Dodge Stratus car problem, please read the detail and try to help thanks.?I had a similar problem and my check engine light was on...and so it got worse and also started to jerk so i changed my coil pack after i changed spark plugs wires and pcv value...and all the time it was just the coil pack causing the problem...but it really could be and fuel pressure problem...good luck
  • music myspace
  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment