Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I gut a catalytic converter the RIGHT way so I don't screw anything up?

It's a 1995 Silverado with a 350. The 02 sensor is before the cat so I won't have any problems with check engine lights or anything because of it. The Y-Pipe is already out as the front pump seal and rear main seal had to be changed.How do I gut a catalytic converter the RIGHT way so I don't screw anything up?Never mind the other guy. %26quot;Sheesh!%26quot; People can be such goody two shoes sometimes. *shakes head*



It's very simple to do since you already have the y-pipe disconnected. Just take a large piece of pipe or a crowbar and insert it into the y-pipe to get it into the catalytic converter. You will hear it as you bust the ceramic pieces. Make sure you get them busted up pretty good before turning the unit upside down and emptying it.How do I gut a catalytic converter the RIGHT way so I don't screw anything up?Should we report you to the EPA and collect the finder's fee? Or would you like to just get the $10,000 fine yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment