Thursday, June 2, 2011

Honda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?

I took my car to a mechanic to have timing belt service and b/c it had check engine light. Mechanic said to me that I need a catalytic converter. Does anyone know how much that part cost on average and how long could I possibily push on the car before i finally have to get it change? will it harm engine?



thanksHonda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?seriously I doubt its the cat. you have amechanic trying to make a high dollar sale on you. He can buy that cat for 99 and sell it to you for 250 I bet. plus an hour and half for install which would be stealing from you.

I have yet to ever have to replace a cat on a honda! They have the most efficient cats I ever seen on any car. I owned 3 shops and each shop had average 10 mechanics so I have seen it all.



Go somewhere else for another opinion.Honda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?About a hundred bucks for a cat, buy the part and take else where--- Have someone who's honest assist... It will mess up your car depending on how long you've had that problem..Honda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?take it to another mechanic...it wont be the cat..Honda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?You can push it until you have to pass smog. Then u have to replace it because it wont pass. just get another one. You can get better MPG and everything should be around 200$Honda Accord 1998 V6- mechanic says that I need catalytic converter...?he's right bud. It' just an emission sensor that has gone bad. you're looking at around $150-$175 for the Cat alone, minus labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment